Leave-In Tangle Releaser
Tame Your Tangles. Make Shampoo Day A Happy Day.
As much as we love our natural-textured hair, the job of detangling can be quite a chore. Despite the time it takes to free wet hair of tangles, (particularly for those with longer, thicker hair), can result in breakage, fiber weakening and even excess shedding.
Now, As I Am offers real “help” in the time of need. You can approach the necessary step of detangling with greater ease. And besides easier wet combing, you’ll notice enhanced softness and a wonderful shine. Your hair will be easy to comb, healthier and happier.
GREAT FOR THE LITTLE NATURALISTAS IN YOUR LIFE, TOO!!!
- Provides for easier release of tangles after cleansing
- The leave in formula remains on to prepare your hair for application of styling products
- Rich consistency. Economical to use. A small amount does the job.
- Moisturizes and promotes shine
- Helps strengthen hair and repair damaged areas
- Contains an wide array of natural ingredients known for hydrating and nourishing hair
Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Royal Jelly, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Keratin, Betaine, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Ceteareth-25, Laureth-23, TBHQ, Fragrance/Parfum (Anise Alcohol, Coumarin, Limonene), Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide
- First, cleanse hair. (We highly recommend one of the three As I Am cleansers: As I Am® Curl Clarity® Shampoo, Cleansing Pudding+ or Coconut CoWash.)
- Leave hair wet or very damp. DO NOT TOWEL DRY.
- Massage a small amount, (about the size of a quarter) within palms and liberally distribute throughout entire head of hair, root to ends.
- Using a wide-toothed comb or a flexible-bristle detangling brush, begin to gently comb or brush, section-by-section using short strokes. Always start near the ends and proceed up toward the scalp. You may also detangle by carefully finger racking through your hair.
- If it seems that you require more product to ease detangling, Distribute another very small amount. Do not over use.
- Proceed to style.
Tips of Joy
One of the best tips for detangling natural-textured hair is to comb through while shampoo lather , cowash conditioner or rinse-out condtitioner is fully,still in the hair, using a wide tooth detangling comb.
See Styling Tips: Detangling
Some naturalistas still find it challenging to remove all of the tangles and knots from their hair after cleansing. Others just want to cleanse, rinse, condition and then detangle without taking any intermediate steps. In such cases, As I Am® Detangling Conditioner is a great way to release your tangles!
Smooth it on and distribute throughout soaking wet or very damp hair. Work with a very small amount to start. It is a concentrated Leave-In and too much may over-coat your hair. But not to worry…If after detangling is done, you feel that a bit too much is left on your hair, a very, very light rinse, will correct the situation. And if you prefer to use your favorite Leave In, you can rinse out the detangling conditioner even more. Then apply your Leave-In of choice before proceeding to apply styling products. (i.e. creams, gels, etc.) We recommend As I Am® Leave In Conditioner, of course!
This offers decent slip. I was using another brands detangler and had success for about a year, then my hair started to feel dry. After realizing that item had silicon I decided to try something else. The As I Am leave in detangles well but I have a lot of hair and have to use probably a lot more than the average person. The plus is my hair now feels healthy and moisturized after just a few weeks. So while I wish it offered a little more slip it much more important that it doesn’t dry my hair. I will definitely recommend this to my curly friends!
Makes my hair soft and easy to detangle. Smells amazing and gentle on my sensitive skin.
Great leave-in conditioner. I have 4C low porosity hair. I used this conditioner after my last co-wash and it made my hair easy to comb through and detangle. Great scent, not too strong. My hair feels and looks moisturized. I will be purchasing this again.
My curls have a mind of its own. There are times it's a mess , which I call "a rats nest" because of massive tangle. Using this helps tame the craziness
I’m new to the As I Am family & I’m obsessed. I started my natural hair journey in January 2018 & have been on a hunt for great natural hair products since then. I’ve recently purchased the detangling conditioner & I love it. It has a nice slip for easy detangling & I’m hooked. Please don’t ever discontinue this product.