Coconut Cowash 32 oz
Enjoy a Fresh New Start.
Remove Product Residue.
You already know it and your hair can feel it! CoWashing is the way to cleanse your hair most of the time. This light no-suds conditioning cream gently removes residue including all of the things you've used to style and maintain your coils and curls. Now it's time for a sparkling new beginning.
This cowash is different from any other because it contains a special blend of natural ingredients that work to promote healthy hair growth from the follicular level.
- Spreads easily throughout hair
- Gently cleanses hair and scalp
- Maintains moisture, adds more moisture and helps hair retain moisture until your next cleanse.
- Makes detangling a breeze
- Rinses easily from hair.
- Helps promote a healthy environment for hair growth
- Gentle enough for daily use. Safe for color-treated hair
Aqua/Water/Eau, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Powder, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Fruit Extract, Phytosterols, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol,, Stearalkonium Chloride, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract, Quaternium-18, Propylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Fragrance/Parfum (Limonene), Potassium Sorbate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Abies Balsamea (Balsam Canada) Resin, Potassium Chloride, Limonene
- Wet hair thoroughly
- Rub a liberal amount within palms and distribute throughout hair
- Work product through hair and massage scalp with fingertips as you would a conventional shampoo
- Carefully detangle hair with a wide-tooth comb
- Rinse well
- Repeat only if necessary to remove excessive product build up or for further scalp cleansing.
- Follow with conditioning. Use either As I Am® Hydration Elation® Intensive Conditioning Treatment or As I Am® Leave-In Conditioner.
Use as needed on an intermittent basis with Cleansing Pudding+ Sulfate-free Moisturizing Cleanser.
- Make sure to detangle completely during either the shampoo step or the conditioning step, while the hair is soaking wet and saturated with the product you are using. Detangle with a wide toothed comb or, if you prefer, a paddle brush. Only after detangling should you proceed to the final rinse.
- While shampooing, keep hair in a smooth downward alignment as you lather. Doing otherwise, (bunching, scrubbing, vigorous scrunching, etc.), may cause extensive tangling.
- See more specifics in the Styling Tips section on this subject.
Naturally Curly’s best in 2017
Use #CoconutCowash to show off your coils and curls:
The best CoWash
When I first started the curly girl method I bought a 8oz CoWash and omg it definitely is a game changer for my 3A curls. I am extremely happy and ended up buying the 32oz pump. Please don’t ever discontinue this CoWash
Coconut Cowash is my favorite!
About a year ago, I met two women. One had gorgeous blonde hair and it looked thick and lustrous and she had to be close to my age (a young 55;) The one lady saw the blonde lady’s hair and said, “You use Co-Wash, don’t you?!” The blonde excitedly said yes and they went to talk about something else... I felt like my best girlfriends had kept a secret from me all my life - what was Co-Wash and why had not one of my friends told me about it?!!! Anyway, I bought Co-Wash, and was traveling on my first opportunity to use it (so I brought shampoo - just in case!) I never needed the shampoo! Co-Wash looks and feels like conditioner, but it really cleans and even leaves the hair feeling healthy all the way to the ends. My hair is growing for the first time in twenty years!
Smoothes frizzes, defines curls
Smoothens, softens, defines curls. My type 2B latina curls soak up the moisture. The coconut cowash isn't drying, and it doesn't 'scrape' the natural oils off of your hair. It is the only product I have ever used that, when I get my hair cut, my stylist says, "Your hair is so soft! Keep doing whatever you are doing!" I hope at some point AS I AM makes a purple-toner version for my gray hair. Great product. You'll love it.
I love this stuff
I discovered this product from Curly Susie... her explanation of “It smells amazing” made me eager to try it. I’ve been using this for a couple of years and the last I went to buy some I was even more impressed that it’s now in a pump. I think there was I s more purity with the pumps. As I Am, Thank y’all !!!
I’ve been using this product for some years now. I love how it does my hair. I love that they now have a bigger container for it and a pump!
I absolutely live by the coconut cowash
I cannot live without this product. I switched from using a sulfate shampoo a year ago and my hair has never looked better. You couldn’t pay me to go back. I look forward to trying out the other cowashes in the other asiam collections.
Girllllllllllll if you haven’t tried this you need to try it immediately!! It’s so good my absolute favorite co wash! Get the 32oz even if it’s your first time using it because you’ll love it trust me!
Nice product, like large pump container.
Switched from Deva Curl
I switched to As I Am because I wanted a cost effective alternative to Deva Curl. I do think it works better than Deva Curl Cowash which I used religiously for years. It shipped to me so quickly, I actually got it right when I ran out so that made me really happy. I recently heard they are now available at Walmart so I'll be using them indefinitely.